Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Wednesday! :)


Quick share today - I'm going to a birthday party! :D

Have you started to think about your Christmas cards yet??? We've had one Christmas Card Class so far - two more to go! - and this is probably my favorite from that class. The colors are So Saffron and Night of Navy. The window and "Very Merry Christmas" are from WINDOW DRESSING, a Level 3 Hostess Set. The tree is from LOVELY AS A TREE, and the inside verse - "Warmest greetings of the season and every good wish for the coming year" - is from MANY MERRY MESSAGES.

We embossed the window and outside saying with white embossing powder, then cut out the window pieces. There's a piece of acetate there, to act as window glass. The "snow" is embossed with Irridescent Ice. The tree is stamped on the So Saffrong, and we used the end of a paintbrush to make the ornaments/lights, and embossed them with Irridescent Ice, too. The card front is attached directly to the So Saffron.

I think it's a beautiful card. :D What do you think???

4 comments:

J-ME said...

I agree, Lori, it's a beautifully simple card!

Jamie Martin said...

This is super cute! Love the tree through the window :)

Ginny said...

Actually, Lori, I HAVE been thinking about Christmas cards! Call me crazy, but I suddenly have the urge to try and make some. Sarah and I had a bunch of coupons for JoAnn's, so she used two, and I used the rest to buy some new embossing folders for my Cuttlebug, several of which would be good for Christmas cards. We'll see!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this card! I'm going to have to earn that level 3 stamp set!
We always have our Christmas tree in our front window every year. This would be a wonderful personalized card from our home!
Love it!
Thank you for the great inspiration!
Stampin' Smiles from Ear to Ear,
Ann :)