Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Big Shot - really versatile, so much fun, and available from me NOW!!!


Hi, everyone! So, I'm both lazy and busy - not a great combination. :D But I'm here today to give you FIVE samples of things I've done with my new Big Shot.

Stampin' Up! and Sizzix have joined together; not only are we carrying the Big Shot - with the SU! name on it, even! :D - but we have exclusive dies and hard-to-find dies, as well. If you're interested in hearing more about it, please email me!

On with the show. :)

This is a Not Quite Navy card cut with the scallop circle die. I cut the strips for it - Riding Hood Red, the IN COLOR red :), and Whisper White - with the die as well. The stamp is from the level 1 hostess set, PUNCHES THREE; I punched it with the scallop square punch, a NEW punch this fall! There's a square layered behind it that you can BARELY see of Not Quite Navy, then I punched a Riding Hood Red scallop square and put it on the diagonal behind the stamp. I stippled white craft ink onto the card, to give it a little personality. :)

Here's the next sample....


This is the HERITAGE HOLIDAY stamp set, new in this IB&C. I really like it!! :)

The main card is Old Olive; I double-punched the bottom of it with the scallop edge punch, just like we do with the scallop circle. :) The single scallop behind it is another IN COLOR, Kiwi Kiss.

I took a Riding Hood Red scallop diecut and cut it in half, and embossed the greeting on it.

The Santa face is stamped on our Shimmery White card stock, and I used my aquapainter to put the color into his face and hat. He's punched out with the new large circle punch.

On to the next one!


SUPER simple!!! The base card stock is Very Vanilla; I used Creamy Caramel ink in DTP, and used one of the little background stamps from ITTY BITTY BACKGROUNDS. The saying is from SWEET SERENDIPITY. The leaves are diecut from Pumpkin Pie card stock, and I just took a stylus and put the veins in, and ran a little Pumpkin Pie classic ink over them with a sponge. See how easy?!?!??! :)




Next!






You really couldn't get much simpler than this card. I took the other half of the Riding Hood Red scallop circle die and punched 1/8" holes in each scallop - you can tell I only "eyeballed" where to put each one. :D Put it down onto glossy white card stock. Next, I cut another scallop circle out of Bella Rose designer series paper, and did a dahlia fold on it. The bottom green - what IS that little piece of a flower called, anyway?!?!? - is a scallop circle punch cut in half and folded into thirds. The leaf is our large oval punch - again, a brand new punch this fall!!! - that I folded in half. I cut one end into a point, then ran it through my crimper STILL FOLDED. Adhered everything down, and stamped the sentiment from SINCERE SALUTATIONS in Riding Hood Red.
Last one for today!


The last two posts - before the scrapbook layouts, I mean :) - were card to show you how I was using some of the "negatives" of the diecuts. Here's another. :) I LOVE this card - so simple!!

I had obviously cut two snowflakes out of this piece of Whisper White card stock. I put a piece of packing tape over the back, and used our fine blue glitter from the COSMO stack to pour into the openings. Then I adhered that strip onto a Night of Navy strip; the Brocade Blue (looks a little bluer in this scan!!!) I stamped with another stamp from the ITTY BITTY BACKGROUNDS set, to make it look like it was snowing. :) The "warm wishes" sentiment is from HUGS & WISHES, and I embossed it. EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, now you've seen what's going on HERE. :) What are YOU up to??? How can you see one of these Big Shots working for you?!?!? :) Call me, email me, leave me a way to contact you - I want to know how I can help you out!! :)
Go STAMP something!!!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the versatility of all your projects!
Keep on a die cuttin'! :)
Stampin' Smiles from Ear to Ear,
Ann :)