Friday, November 21, 2008

Thanksgiving card ideas!



Wow! I can't believe I haven't posted the cards from the SEASONAL QUICK CARDS class! Well, we did four Christmas and one Thanksgiving - and this one is it. :) SUPER fast and easy, too - you could put several of these together this weekend and get them in the mail on Monday, no sweat!


The background is plastic wrap and Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, and metallic gold inks. I usually tell my stampers, "If it doesn't move, you can either stamp ON it or WITH it!" :) Just use the plastic wrap like you would a sponge!


The saying is from HOLIDAYS & WISHES. The leaves are cut with the Big Shot, and just crumpled up and straightened out a bit. They're adhered in one small spot onto the front of the card, and the saying is stamped in Pumpkin Pie and sponged with a little of the gold ink, then put onto the card with dimensionals. The ribbon is our kraft taffeta; when I ran out, we used Chocolate Chip - but it unbalanced the card somewhat.


Here's another idea, also using leaves cut with the Big Shot - but I also used the negative space - what was left when the leaves were cut out - to stipple Really Rust ink onto Very Vanilla card stock, so the leaves would mute it a bit. The half-scallop is also cut with the Big Shot; the "celebrate" is from CELEBRATE EVERYTHING, and the scarecrow with the cute little crow is from the Holiday Mini, HAPPY BLESSINGS. When I was doing my Hostess Appreciation Luncheon, I did a few too many - to be on the safe side! - of the scarecrows, and wanted to use them. :) The leaves are also left over from a demonstration I did; they're actually cut out from the More Mustard selection in the current Level 1 Hostess Paper Pack. (Did you know that you can get rewards for your order of $150 or more ONLINE, too??? It's AWESOME!!!)
Cute cards, aren't they? Super-simple, and fun to do. :) You NEED a Big Shot, I'm telling you! I've got a new die coming, and I can't WAIT to start showing you some awesome stuff with it....
Gotta jet! So much to do, so little time to do it in...! :D

2 comments:

Ginny said...

I love the idea of using the negative space from a die cut to do some stippling. I'm going to have to remember that, although I use my Cuttlebug mainly for embossing.

Cheryl said...

Wonderful cards Lori! Terrific colors for the fall season.