Friday, October 25, 2013

Get Started on Your Thanksgiving Table!

It's FRIDAY! Have you had a good week? Big plans for the weekend?? I've got big plans - tomorrow's my Hostess-Only Appreciation Luncheon; the lovely, WONDERFUL women who have supported my business by hosting parties in the past year will come to my house, be treated to wonderful (if I do say so myself!) food, and we'll spend some time making exclusive projects that I'll never make anywhere else. :) Watch for pictures!

Anyway. :D

We're almost at the end of October, which means we're in full holiday swing: first Halloween, if you celebrate it, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then New Year's. PHEW. So why not get a head start while you can? This is a super-simple place card for your table; a little time now makes it super simple then!

I cut a piece of Baked Brown Sugar to 4"x4", and folded it in half. The Designer Series Paper is Polka Dot Parade; I love the colors in it, and I've used this paper for Christmas and Thanksgiving projects, so it's really versatile. :D The Pumpkin Pie piece I cut at 3.75"x1.75"; the Daffodil Delight piece is cut at 3.5"x1.5". The Very Vanilla (the ripples you see? those are reflections from the plastic covering my table!) is cut at 1"x3". I wrote my name on it with my Baked Brown Sugar Stampin' Write marker.

The leaf is from Gently Falling; I embossed it on Baked Brown Sugar with pewter EP and cut it out, Then, I crumpled it a bit and put some Baked Brown Sugar ink directly onto it. It's mounted onto the place card with a Dimensional.

Tada! :D You could do a lot of these if you needed to, in just a little bit of time. They will add a nice splash of color, too - but it's up to you to decide who has to sit next to Uncle Sy. :D

OK, I'm outta here! Lots to do! :D Have a WONDERFUL day, and be sure to make the time to stamp something.

No comments: