Thursday, October 8, 2009

Yup, it's late on Thursday...

and I've been trying to decide what to post ALL day long. I've got ideas coming out all over, but not the TIME to get them done!!! With things in my home life demanding time, too, it's been a busy week! I have a party to plan for Saturday, too, and it's just starting to drive me a LITTLE crazy. :D

SO. Today's sample is one that I did for a group I'm on, where the challenge was a "no layer card". It turned out OK, but the second picture is what I ended UP with. :D I HAD to have a little more color, a little pop, a little pizazz. :D
















See what I mean? It NEEDED that help. Well, maybe NOT, but.... :D Here's your recipe!

Card stocks: Basic Black, More Mustard, Whisper White

Ink: Whisper White Craft

Stamp set: Autumn Splendor

Accessories: Stampin' Pastels, Q-tip :D, Autumn Harvest Rub-Ons

Yup, rub-ons. That's the word in the corner, with the flower.

I can't remember the NAME of this technique, but I love it. :D Stamp your image(s) in white craft ink, then use a Q-tip to put Stampin' Pastels on top of the white ink. (You could use a cotton ball, but I like the more precise control of the cotton swab!) That's REALLY all there is to it! I masked off the word AFTER I rubbed it on, so it would be really black there.

What do you think? :D I'd love to hear from you!

Now, to go off and work on dinner, then the 2nd week of the TWELVE WEEKS OF CHRISTMAS emails! Only 78 days from TODAY, ladies!!! 11 weeks from TOMORROW!!! EEP! I gotta get busy.....

QUICK! Go STAMP SOMETHING!!! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a really attractive card. I love the color explosion and either card looks great! Makes me want the stamp set...lol
Barbara Carr

Anonymous said...

Great card Lori - you really are getting a lot out of that set. See you tonight!! Mary N.