Friday, April 5, 2013

While I'm posting things you can't get anymore...!


It's Friday, and I have to share this card. :)

This set, SKETCHES, was one of my all-time favorite stamp sets, so it's in my stash. When Anna came over to stamp, she needed to make a baby shower card. Well, the theme for the baby's nursery is fairies and woodland, and I don't have anything that really would be suitable. So I pulled out this stamp, and she fell in love with it. :D So she chose the colors we were going to use - I chose to substitute Pretty in Pink for the Crumb Cake she chose - and I taught her how to use Aqua Painters, ink pads, and watercolor paper to watercolor. It was great fun!

So the inks we used were Primrose Petals, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Blush Blossom (available only in Stampin' Write Marker, because it's retired except for that one for skin tone!). Crumb Cake, and Pool Party (background, VERY lightly!). The "hello baby" is from TEENY TINY WISHES, of course. :D Oh, and we stamped the stamp in Basic Gray; it's formulated to not run. :)

OK, let's see. Isn't the flower GORGEOUS? It's the new flower trim that I dyed with Riding Hood Red re-inker and water - I may be able to do a video soon on how-to - and then hit the top, after it was dry, with the RHR Stampin' Write Marker.

I used my Big Shot - and yes, I still LOVE my Big Shot!! :D - and the Framed Tulips embossing folder for the border. And that is that - I love watercoloring. I wish SU! would bring back the SKETCHES-styled sets. :)

OK, I'm outta here! Have a WONDERFUL day, and be SURE to make the time to stamp SOMEthing this weekend!


No comments: