Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Is it too early for Easter?

Welcome to Wednesday. :) It's COLD here in Middle Tennessee - it's 17, but the wind chill is making it feel more like 7!!!! The weather's a little schizophrenic, but it's definitely JANUARY, which is nice. :D

So, this is the second project I did with the women's group in Smyrna. I really love this one!

I earned a freebie toward the end of the year last year, and wanted to get something that was as opposite from Christmas as I could find. :D So I went with BACKYARD BASICS - and got the bundle, so I got the framelits and the wood stamp set. I love earning free stuff! :)

(Don't forget! If you want to purchase from me and make sure we both get the credit we deserve, go to my business site and then click on SHOP, on the top right-hand corner! :) )

We stamped the butterfly all over a Soft Sky card base with Soft Sky ink, and a Whisper White insert on the inside had the butterfly all the way around the edge. Then we stamped the tulip onto Whisper White with Versamark, and embossed with black embossing powder. Next, we colored with Wild Wasabi and Pink Pirouette Stampin' Write markers; the next step was to cut out the tulip with its framelit. We put it on the card front with Dimensionals.

The final step was to stamp the "Happy Easter" with Versamark - again on Whisper White - and emboss with silver EP. We punched it out with the modern label punch, and put it over the tulip stem with Dimensionals.

It is SO springy! :) I love tulips, and I thought this card was simply beautiful. :) If I do say so myself...

OK, I'm outta here! I hope you have a wonderful day - and that you make sure it includes some stamping. ;)

No comments: