Friday, January 17, 2014

Valentine's Day Treat


Happy Friday! :)

Last night, I was able to bless a women's group in Smyrna with providing the activity for their monthly meeting. We had great fun, and this was one of the two projects we did - there are Valentine's M&Ms inside this little fold-over!

We used Chocolate Chip card stock as the base; since I knew there would be non-stampers there, I wanted to keep the project pretty simple. :) So we used the Big Shot and the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder to put the lovely dots into the card stock. We used the designer label punch and some red glitter paper - LOVE that stuff! - for the back of the medallion. The "I think you're lovely" is from the upcoming SALE-A-BRATION brochure! Yes, this stamp set was FREE! :D You can earn it, beginning the end of this month, with just a $50 purchase - and it's a great stamp set.

OK. We stamped that in Chocolate Chip ink onto Whisper White, punched out the center, and put it on the glitter paper with Dimensionals. Then, we fastened the M&Ms inside with a mini glue dot, and fastened the front down with another mini glue dot.

Fast and easy, and I think it's quite cute! If I were to do it for school kids, I'd do different colors and probably a different stamp set - but for grown-ups, this is perfect. :)

OK, I'm outta here! Have a WONDERFUL day! Be sure to take the time to STAMP something - and why not bless someone else with it? :D

No comments: