Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Monday!!!


How ARE you??????


It's been an interesting week; Mom was in the hospital for three days, if you read my OTHER blog. So life went by rather quickly - and the LAST time she was in the hospital and I was in town, I was working a full work-week. I'm so grateful for my husband and for Stampin' Up! :D


ANYWAY. One of the things that kept me busy Saturday was the CHIP, CHIP, HOORAY! class that anyone who ordered chipboard during May's special was invited to, FREE. This sample is from that class!
Isn't it cute? We used glossy white card stock for the "celebrate" - from CELEBRATE EVERYTHING - and embossed it with clear EP, so we didn't have to worry about smearing it. The color is Pixie Pink - card stock and inks. We rolled the card itself with the PETALS JUMBO STAMPIN' AROUND WHEEL. The designer series paper on the flower is from the FLOWERS FOR YOU pack. We used a glue stick to adhere it to a flower from the ON BOARD BLOSSOMS & BASICS, and sanded the edges for a bit of a distressed look. The center of the flower is a dimensional covered in Dazzling Diamonds glitter - it was quite a glitterfest (I knew you weren't going to be here, Amy! :D) because we also used Irridescent Ice EP on another project. :)
Anyway. The leaves are small oval punches that we folded in half the long way and ran through a crimper. The flower is put on there with a pop-up glue dot, and the leaves are just stuck right underneath the flower with a bit of SNAIL adhesive.
SUPER-SIMPLE, but a really great card!
SO, I've heard from a few of you about the ANNUAL BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE, but not a whole lot of you!!! What are you waiting for?? Go check out that post, and email me!!!!!! :D
I hope you're taking time in the middle of your busy summer to STAMP SOMETHING!!!!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

The card is sooo pretty! I keep thinking I should make some cards . . . too many other things to do, like laundry and cooking, etc., etc.

Anonymous said...

cute!

Arlene,
Lakewood flowers