Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Advanced Techniques!

Hi! :) Are you enjoying your spring? It's been in the 70s here the last few days, and EVERYTHING is blooming - our first tulip is about to burst forth! :D However, today the weather is supposed to be in the 40s. We'll see if things bloom, or huddle in their buds for a while. :)


Last night was the Advanced Techniques class; everything was from TECHNIQUE JUNKIES - be sure and tell Pat I sent you! :)


This first one is called "Block Collage". Colors we used are Whisper White, Mellow Moss, and Always Artichoke. (Sound familiar? :D) I didn't collage as much on this sample as I should have, but I did it better when I taught it, I promise. :D


Yup, that's the Level 2 hostess-only set RUSTIC ROOSTER. And do you see his tail??? I didn't notice until I had the WHOLE card done!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the back paper from a dimensional stuck on the stamp! I laughed so hard....


This second one is called "Mono Masking", and is really similar to the other one. I chose greens again without even thinking about it! This time, they're Certainly Celery, Green Galore (the centers of the flower), and Glorious Green - and Whisper White, of course. :) The flower is from SWEET STEMS, and the other two are from BOHO BACKGROUNDS.
We concentrated on techniques you can do with things you HAVE - mostly stamps, ink and card stock. With or without a financial crunch at home, it never hurts to be able to have a couple of techniques like this under your belt. :)
OK. That's it for today! Tomorrow you'll get the other two cards. (Have you ever noticed I save my favorites for last? It's the way I pretty much do everything. :D)
Have a WONDERFUL day, dear friend. I'm so glad you come back and visit me. And I HOPE I inspire you to STAMP! Now, go bless someone by giving them what you've created! :)

1 comment:

Ann said...

Lori,
Is it my understanding then that we have to pay to see how your cards are created? By having to go to the Technique Junkies site? I'm a little confused why we would have to pay to see how you made your cards.
Ann