Monday, October 22, 2012

CASE Challenge from SUDSOL

Good afternoon, my friends! Did you have a good weekend? I must say, I am certainly keeping busy!!! :) PHEW.

Ginny asked about SUDSOL, and what it stood for. It's Stampin' Up! Demonstrators Sharing OnLine. :) SUDSOL. It's a group for demonstrators only, who share business tips and challenge each other and help each other. :)

Last week's challenge was of a card found in our demonstrators' magazine, Stampin' Success. So, I can't show you the card. But trust me, it was rather boring. I didn't like the original, and I'm not overly-thrilled with my version. :D But it's sparkly, and I like that. :D

So, I used Midnight Muse as the background - I really like that color. :) I put the brushed silver and gold through embossing folders, to get the feeling of different paper - here's a close-up of them. I think one of the things I REALLY didn't like about the original was its simplicity. I mean, I like simplicity, but not THAT much. :D And y'all know me by now - I need to have SOME texture on it. This gave that, plus a little bit of depth. No flatness here! :D
 The background is spritzed with Gold Glow and some Frost White I mixed up. Then there's the rhinestone "star" at the top of the "tree". :D And that "Greetings of the Season"? I really love the beautiful word images in this set. I hope it makes it into the new Idea Book for next year, too!!! :)
OK,I'm outta here. I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! And that you are making the time to STAMP something!!! :)

No comments: