Monday, June 15, 2009

Christmas is coming quickly!

Yup, today's post is a Christmas card - and a super-simple birthday card, because we did these yesterday at Cindy's workshop. We had a great time, and Cindy qualified for the Summer Fun Hostess Bonus!! It ROCKED!!! Her party came in at just over $400, so she got to pick the regular stuff - two free hostess sets, plus $45 worth of free stuff, HER CHOICE! - PLUS $40 more in free stuff!!!!!!!!!!! I'm REALLY excited for her! I have two more hostesses this month, and I'm hoping they'll at least make the smaller Hostess Bonus, which is at $250. Then they'll get an extra $25! If you want to get a party in before the end of June, please contact me immediately! It's also the last of the LAST CHANCE LIST time; the last time you can get those stamp sets is the end of June, and then they go away forever.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE THIRD ANNUAL BIRTHDAY CARD CONTEST!!!! There will be two winners - go to yesterday's post to get linked to the instructions!!!!!

Now, on with the show. :D


Card stocks: So Saffron, Whisper White

Ink: Riding Hood Red - retiring IN COLOR

Stamp sets: Cute & Curly (from CURLY LABEL PUNCH BUNDLE); inside - Holidays & Wishes - all retiring!

Accessories: SWEET SLUMBER cover-weight DSP (retiring), Curly Label Punch (from CURLY LABEL PUNCH BUNDLE, retiring), dimensionals

Can't get much more simple than this card! Pretty gender-neutral, too!

Now, on to the Christmas card - and it took lots of steps! :)



The smaller card is the INSIDE of the card; it was pretty cool itself, so I wanted to make sure you saw it. :)




Card stocks: Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold

Ink: Versamark

Stamp sets: Heritage Holiday, Holidays & Wishes - BOTH RETIRING

Accessories: So Swirly Jumbo Stampin' Around Wheel (retiring), jumbo handle, uninked cartridge, Versamark refill, gold embossing powder, embossing buddy, heat tool, 1-3/4" circle punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, ticket corner punch

This was a really fun card to do. LOTS of steps, but they weren't difficult steps! There's an OPTIONAL step, as shown in the sample here. I put the circle I punched out back into the hole to mask the inside, then took a pencil eraser and inked it with Versamark. I stamped it half on the card front, and half onto the punched circle, to make a scallop pattern around my window. Then, it's embossed with gold EP, too; it just added a little finishing touch to the card. :)

OK, I'm off! Lots to do, no ambition. :D Same ol' same ol'! :D Have a WONDERFUL day - and be SURE to take the time to STAMP something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

TABray said...

What a beautiful Christmas card. I love the Heritage Holiday set. I thought I could live without it,but now I'm not so sure. I love the scallop around your punched out window.

Becky said...

Pretty cards. Please dont tell me you have started decorating already?!