Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What a Wednesday! :D

It's a beautiful, sunny day here in Middle Tennessee; it's supposed to hit 40° today! Woo, hoo! :D We're in a warming trend this week, so I expect no complaints about the weather near me.... :D

Don't forget! Today is the LAST DAY to enter for the BLOG CANDY for 15,000 HITS!!! Read that post for details!

I haven't shown you anything I've done with MY DIGITAL STUDIO (MDS) lately, so I thought I would. :) This is my beautiful stepdaughter and her husband on their wedding day.

Using MDS, I created an 8.5"x11" scrapbook page, then chose an Always Artichoke card stock layer. Because of the printing border, I made the AA 1/2" smaller all the way around than the Whisper White background. Next, I chose the Medallion stamp - which is available as a separate download, in case you, too, love the stamp and use a different program! - and shrunk it to the size I wanted, and colored it with Mellow Moss. (AA and MM are one of my favorite color combos!) Kaisa's heritage is very Celtic, and I feel like the color choices and the font reflect her and her personality pretty darn well. :D

Oh, and the three Whisper White brads in the top left corner are to balance the page. I'm afraid I'm not very frilly when it comes to my stamping OR scrapping - but I really love this page. Kenn took the shot; it was the last time we were in Oregon.

What do you think? Do you like the page?

OK, I'm off - I have many things on my TO DO list, and Kenn's not feeling well now. :( Please pray for him!

Have a WONDERFUL day! And please, take the time to STAMP something - or use MDS!!! :D

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I think your page is wonderful. I have not gotten into digi scrapping. I also love those greens together. Great job Lori Hope your hubby is feeling better soon.