Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy February!

Can you believe it?? One month already GONE from 2010! I hope you're living your life to its fullest, living IN every moment. Life is short! I'm living for eternity, myself, but that's another subject.... :D

We've had lots of snow and ice here in middle Tennessee, so things have been closed down from Friday on - many schools are closed again, to give the roads a chance to de-ice and be safe again. SO, the Fancy Folds III class has been RESCHEDULED for February 13. If you'd like to come, call or email me! I'd LOVE to stamp with you!

SO. I've decided I want to try and show you a VALENTINE each day (that I post!) until Valentine's Day, as another way I can thank you for reading my blog! :) You have no clue how much I enjoy knowing you're out there, and that you get a little inspiration from what I show you. (OF course, I'd LOVE to hear from you more often, but I take what I can get!!! :D)

Here is the FIRST Valentine, just for you! These are NOT going to be done in any class or party; these are ideas I'm coming up with JUST to share with you!


:D Isn't it FUN? The background is just Real Red card stock I decided to use for a backdrop. :D

Card stock: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White

Ink: Versamark, Creamy Caramel, Basic Brown, Real Red (inside)

Stamp sets: I {Heart} Hearts (Don't forget! $2 from EVERY stamp set purchase for this one goes to the Haiti Relief Fund!), Animal Crackers, Teeny Tiny Wishes (inside)

Accessories: Embossing Buddy, Heat & Stick Powder, Heat Tool, Fine Cosmo Glitter (rose pink, I THINK...!), Heart to Heart Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Sending Love Specialty DSP (I LOVE THIS DSP!!!!!!!!!!), dimensionals

Isn't it FUN!?!??! I love this stamp set - I love puns, and it's SO cute.

Here's what the inside of the card looks like.... (Don't forget that you can click on any photo and see it at the size I uploaded it!)

So, I stamped the woodgrain hearts with Creamy Caramel, then inked just the small solid heart on the stamp that has three hearts on it with Versamark. Next, I swiped the whole card front with my embossing buddy - trust me, it will STILL stick, but not nearly as badly! :D - and then stamped several times with that small heart, re-inking each time. Then I sprinkled the hearts with Heat & Stick, and got rid of the excess - and then heated until the Heat & Stick melted to clear. Next came the glitter! :D I re-heat the Heat & Stick after putting on the glitter, just to set it and make sure nothing else would get stuck down. :D

I also used a Swiffer-type cloth to take off any extra glitter I didn't want on the card front. Those things are awesome! :D

Next, I stamped the image and inked around the Whisper White, just to set it off a bit. Matted it up the way you see it, and put it on with dimensionals.

Inside, I stamped the "Happy Valentine's Day" from Teeny Tiny Wishes, and punched the corners with the ticket corner punch FIRST, so I could see where the heart COULD be punched - if you got the new heart punch from the Occasions Mini, it would make those hearts MUCH easier to set in there, but I wanted to do this card NOW! :D Then I just matted that on Chocolate Chip, and adhered it inside the card.

SO fun, simple, and who wouldn't love to get that fun Valentine? :D

I'll see you tomorrow! GO STAMP SOMETHING!! :D

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I love both cards, but for different reasons. The first one hit my funny bone, while the second was brilliant in its simplicity. Can't wait to see the rest of the cards!