Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Guest Blogger: Judi Sparks - Making Lemonade!

Hi, everyone! I am pretty sure I said in yesterday's post that I'd be back today, but I found this one in my inbox, and I can't stand NOT to share it with you! :D So, tomorrow it is. :D Have a WONDERFUL day - and be sure and let Judi know you're here, and that you love her! :D

I know we have all heard the expression that goes like this - "
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." Well, that is what happened with this card. I had seen a card in the new catalog that really caught my eye. I am a very simple stamper, not too much "fru fru." This card features the stamp set Funky Four and I loved the way Stampin' Up! had done it. I wanted to CASE (copy and steal everything) it. I did not have the same sentiment but I knew I had one that I could use. So, I carefully used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line things up. I think that part turned out great. Then, as fate would have it I stamped the sentiment last and look what happened!


I stamped it upside down! What to do? Well, as I have said often enough to my kids and others that I teach..."if you mess it up, you have to dress it up." That is what I did. I took my mess up and did a few cuts and layers and voila! A fixed up card.


The lesson in this for you is simple, make the best of what you have each and every day. Use your blessings to touch someone today.

CLICK HERE TO VISIT JUDI'S BLOG!

1 comment:

A Touch of SOL said...

You are too funny...You did GREAT!