Monday, September 20, 2010

Guest Blogger: Laurie Gibson - Got Treats???

Please welcome Laurie back to the Stamping Spot! :D I'm SO grateful for everyone who submitted posts for me to use while I'm gone! Be SURE and visit her blog - and leave comments everywhere. You don't KNOW how much that comment love means! :D

I don't normally do many cards for Halloween. It just has never been a holiday I celebrated. But this year Stampin' Up has some pretty cute sets that have been fun to play with :) One of my favorites is called "Got Treats". I like it because it has images for more than just Halloween. It will be fun to use at Christmas and Valentine's Day too. I pulled out my best fall colors and this is how it turned out:



The complete list of supplies:
Stamp Set: Got Treats
Cardstock: Basic Black, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Wicked Fun Specialty Paper
Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals
I just love this little jack-o-lantern. I think it would be fun to add some of those jiggly eyes to each one, too. Kids would absolutely have a blast with that!! This style is one of my favorites - Cute and Simple (or CAS as we demonstrators like to call it) and would be great for a kid's stamping project. What a great way to turn a rainy fall day into a day of fun!!
I hope you enjoyed my project today and thanks for letting me share it with you. And thank you, Lori for allowing me to share with your viewers. I have enjoyed it immensely :)
Happy Stamping,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!! Mary N.

lisa808 said...

Fun Halloween card.