Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Another Condolence Card

Ahhh, me. These get SO difficult to do - seems like I'm having to make more sympathy cards lately, and I know it won't get better as I get older. :::sigh::: Oh, well. Perhaps receiving one can ease a little pain, and let someone know I care.

Anyway. :) I like how this turned out!

Yes, that is correct! Another fantabulous background with the Big Shot! That's the Antique Wallpaper embossing folder (recently retired!), and I took a bit of Very Vanilla ink on my finger and rubbed on top of the pattern. I really like the way it looks!

Then, I used the 7/8", 1-1/4", and 1-3/4" scallop circle punches to make the flower out of Modern Medley DSP, held together by a mini brad. I wrinkled each flower layer well, and in case you can't see it, I used two of each size.

The saying here and the two on the inside are from Blessings From Heaven. (I only link to the wood block stamps; if you want clear mount, be sure to look for them, too!) I heat embossed them using pewter embossing powder.

The colors of card stock are Very Vanilla, Going Gray, and Basic Black.

There! Now you can create your own card! :) I hope you do, but maybe not a sympathy card...

Have a wonderful day! Make the time to stamp SOMEthing!


2 comments:

Ginny said...

I am so bummed that the Antique Wallpaper ef was retired. It was on my wish list! If you hear of anyone who wants to sell theirs, let me know! (Maybe I should check eBay, too.)

Lovely card.

Ginny said...

P.S. Guess what? I just found one on eBay for a great price, with reasonable shipping! I'm a happy stamper!