Monday, February 2, 2009

Color EVERYWHERE!


Good morning! Just a quick post for today; I will be back later to talk about SALE-A-BRATION! It's ON, ladies and gents! :D

Anyway. This is a card I put together on Friday - I was supposed to be cleaning up for my Open Stamp & Scrap Night, but why not procrastinate even longer? :D The background is a BIT hard to see on the scan, but it's one of our new TEXTURZ PLATES. They're INCREDIBLY fun to play with - super simple to get a great background! You'll see more later, when I've had more of a chance to play with them.

The stamp set is currently on the DORMANT LIST, but I LOVE this one. It's called INSPIRED BY NATURE. I stamped it in Basic Gray on Whisper White, then did a technique I learned from TECHIQUE JUNKIES. The colors in the sky are Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Almost Amethyst, Bashful Blue, and Brocade Blue. Then I matted that onto another piece of Whisper White, to pop it a bit, and off-set a piece of Cameo Coral as a mat. It started out as one idea in my head, and came out quite differently! :D

I hope you'll look into TJ; Pat Huntoon is WONDERFUL, and has a really talented group of designers working with her. WELL worth your investment - and tell her I sent you! :D

1 comment:

J-ME said...

I like this card, Lori. The background is very pretty.