Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's THURSDAY?!?!?

How on EARTH did it get to be this late in the week?!? I'm so sorry I've been absent so long. :::::::::::hanging head::::::::::::: So, I'll give you two posts today. :D This one will be on the last two Advanced Technique cards from last week; the next will be on the new box die.

SO! On with the samples and recipes! :D

Both of today's techniques I learned from TECHNIQUE JUNKIES - Pat has a WONDERFUL design team together! I highly recommend her - but I also recommend coming to my classes to get hands-on experience. :D


This one is Faux Background Paper. Isn't it a GREAT look?!? Very versatile - I can't wait to try doing this with Christmas colors and stamps! We DID use the "heartfelt" from HEARTFELT THANKS for the words, instead of this retired stamp from WONDERFUL WORDS. The fern outline is from WONDERFUL YOU, and the flower is also from HEARTFELT THANKS. Colors we used were So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, and gold (for the word). It was great fun to learn AND teach!




This one is called FAUX FELT. The paper on the flowers feels like felt - it's way cool, especially since the big thing right now is felt accents. The colors are Sahara Sand,Cameo Coral, Mellow Moss, and Whisper White. The stamp is from SINCERE SALUTATIONS. We used the five-petal flower punch, the boho blossoms punch, the medium oval punch, and the eyelet lace punch. Yes, we got punchy with this card - but it was fun, and easy to do!
OK. Be back in a few with another post - hope you've enjoyed these techniques!!!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Oh, wow. These two cards are amazing! Once again, I wish I lived close enough to attend your classes.