Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Been a rough couple of weeks!

Happy Wednesday! I hope you're having a great week. Today's is warm and sunny here; I think, once I get done blogging, I'm going to go sit on the swing for a little bit! :) Don't hate me, people with snow on the ground. At least you GOT snow! :)

It's been a rough couple of weeks for people all around me. I'm on the TN Stampers online group, and we lost a dear member early last week; her daughter is also on the list. This is the card I'm going to send her. This week, a member of our church was killed suddenly in a car accident. Yesterday, a dear online friend lost her husband to cancer. Ginny, please know we're praying for you. Wish I could give you a real-life hug.


I was inspired by this card; I found it on Pinterest, but it was originally posted on Split Coast Stampers.I really love the original, but I didn't want to add too much color. So I did my version.

I double-stamped the flower from BACKYARD BASICS; the second time I stamped, I off-stamped metallic gold ink, then stamped that second generation onto the card. I used clear embossing powder to give it a little more texture. The inside is stamped with two of the stamps from BLESSINGS FROM HEAVEN. The colors on this one are Very Vanilla, So Saffron, and Always Artichoke. The other ink color is Early Espresso.

OK, I'm outta here! :) I hope your week is wonderful. Be sure and tell people you love that you love them - and stamp them a card to show it. :D


1 comment:

Ginny said...

What a lovely card. I like yours better than the original.

I feel your prayers. So many people have prayed for us during the last eight years, but I have especially felt those prayers holding me up during the past 2-1/2 weeks. How amazing to be part of God's family!

I am looking forward to creating again, and playing with some stamps I picked up at the local craft stores recently. I am going to pin your card so I can use it for inspiration.