Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Commissioned Valentine's Card!


Hi, everyone! Happy February 13! :) I know Valentine's Day isn't everyone's favorite day; it's not mine. But I have some fun little things to give Kenn this year, so I can't wait for him to see them. :D

ANYWAY. A college student asked me to make a card for his girlfriend using their school colors. And he must have told me three times that "she really likes cheer bows" - she's an all-state TX cheerleader. GREAT.

I was stymied. I appealed to my group of SU! demos, and got one reply that gave me an idea of where to start. So, I went and found their college's colors, and got to work.

The colors are Whisper White, Midnight Muse, and Daffodil Delight. I used the retired heart border punch; the embossing folder I used was Petals-a-Plenty. The hearts are all cut with the Heart Framelits. I watched a couple of videos about making cheer bows, and then I used the Daffodil Delight seam binding ribbon to make one. The front greeting is from TEENY TINY WISHES, and punched from the modern label punch. The inside heart is cut out of the Whisper White card stock, then I used the "V is for Valentine" from the OCCASIONS ALPHABET set and embossed it with white embossing powder.

It's not frilly, which I think HE liked. :) But it had everything he asked for!

OK, I'm outta here. Be sure and check out my review blog, Life's Little Pleasures, for a fun treat you could easily make to put into a candy box! Have a WONDERFUL day, and make the time to STAMP something - then give it to someone. You'll both enjoy it! :D

No comments: