Monday, February 4, 2013

Hello, Baby!

Good Monday Morning!

Some weeks, blogging comes naturally. Others - well, this is an "other" week. :) So bear with me - I'm not feeling too motivated, even though I've got some fun things to share.

So, this is a card I did just because I wanted to. :D I wanted to try that textured background technique; it's a double-embossed-highlighting technique.

So, to do it, first I embossed with Petals-a-Plenty onto Pink Pirouette card stock; I highlighted that by sponging a little Pretty in Pink ink on top. Then, I embossed with the Stripes embossing folder, and highlighted that with Rose Red ink (which I brayered on).

I matted that onto a piece of Rose Red card stock, and then put that onto a Whisper White card base.

Then I stamped the image from EASY EVENTS with Jet Black Stazon and punched it out with the 2-1/2" circle punch. I colored that in with Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette, and Bashful Blue Stampin' Write Markers, then put the image onto a Pink Pirouette scallop circle punch. I finished it off by stamping the greeting - from TEENY TINY WISHES - in the bottom right corner.

Isn't it cute?!?! There are SO MANY things to do, so MANY different techniques, that by the time I play with a few, I forget about some of my favorites. SOOOOOO many! :D

OK, I'm outta here. My studio is a freakin' MESS, and I still need to blog on my food blog. So much to do.... :D

Have a wonderful day! Be SURE to make the time to stamp SOMETHING!! :)

No comments: