Monday, February 25, 2008

More scrapbooking! :)



Good morning! Time to share some more scrapbook layouts with you; the above is the 12x12. The colors are Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, and Old Olive; the designer series paper is from a new one that is in the OCCASIONS MINI CATALOG, available March 1, called SUMMER PICNIC. This is definitely not a color combination I would have thought of on my own! :D But I really like this combination; it's definitely summery, and feels very fresh. The accents on the journaling box are colored with Stampin' Write markers, and is a stamp from the TAGGERS DOZEN set - I felt that it coordinated with all the circles in the paper quite well!


This is the corner detail, just to show you what we did for some texture. :) I used every other hole on my piercing template with my piercing tool in my CRAFTER'S TOOL KIT - which came in in the Top 10 Creative Keepsakes Tool Kits this year! - and I just love the little bit of texture and detail it added.
This, to the right, is the 6x6 layout that coordinates with this 12x12. Same colors, same strip orientation. Doing 6x6 albums is both a blessing and a curse; they go together SUPER quickly, because you don't have a lot of room to have to be creative and fill. BUT, you can't be as loose with accents, etc. on a 6x6 page -there just isn't room. :)
So, let me know what you think! Do you like this new paper? It's an AWESOME package of paper; I'll be doing more things with it and showing you as we go. :) And, as soon as the online link goes hot, I'll link you to the new Occasions Mini, so you can take a look for yourself! :)
Meanwhile, take the time to STAMP something!! :) And share with me - y'all are being too quiet!
Plus, tomorrow I'll anounce the winner of the BLOG CANDY GIVEAWAY!!! You won't want to miss it! :)
Have a BLESSED day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do like it!

I love orange! The color combo makes me think of beautiful sunsets!

Becky said...

Ohhh this is nice. I like it. Crisp and clean!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I love that color combo!!