Monday, February 18, 2008

Keep those comments coming!! :D



I'm SO loving the comments you're leaving on why you love my blog. :D You really, really want that blog candy, don't you! :D If you haven't entered yet, please do - but you HAVE to do it on THIS POST. You've got a few more days. I'm going to keep going back and reading the comments, though, because you're making my head swell. LOL!!!!


Anyway. Back to showing you what we've been doing around here! This was from Saturday's class, SCRAPBOOK IN A TIN. We took DVD tins, and put accordian-folded inserts inside that we'd decorated, and decorated the front and back of the outside with covers - this is the front. The back doesn't have the pink and/or white parts. :)


This is Buckaroo Blue, stamped with Not Quite Navy, and then the embossing is done with VersaMark and White EP. The flowers are all from that level 3 hostess set Stampin' Up! gave us for Christmas, TIME WELL SPENT. The "celebrate" is from CELEBRATE EVERYTHING, and the "friendship" is from WONDERFUL WORDS. We used the 1/2". 3/4" and 1" circle punches to do the flower center, and the colors are Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, and Purely Pomegranate. the "friendship" piece is also notched with the ticket corner punch. Here's the inside - we obviously corner-rounded all the photo mats, too - I was in a hurry when I did the example. :D I'm going to go back and round the ones I didn't do already....


The inside is stamped with the polka dot stamp from POLKA DOTS & PAISLEY, and the words are "good times" and "friendship" from CELEBRATE EVERYTHING. We used LOTS of Sticky Strip for this project - the last page is adhered to the inside of the tin, but you could leave it undone, if you wanted to be able to take the whole think out. There's a ribbon loop on the front page - which is decorated on both sides - so you can pull the accordian open easily. This will sit up on a desk or other flat surface, or can be folded up to fit into a drawer or purse, etc.

We had a LOT of fun; one of the ladies did hers and wanted green instead of the blue, so I gave her Green Galore - it was REALLY pretty, and very springy looking. :)

If you try this one, please let me know how it goes!! It's pretty, and a lot of fun - great for gifts, too! :) And for goodness' sakes, TAKE THE TIME TO STAMP SOMETHING!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Lori ~

I am sad I had to miss this class. Maybe we can get together and play some day????

Thanks for sharing!
Heather

Anonymous said...

I like the flower stamps on the outside, very pretty ! And the friendship tag is adorable!