Wednesday, March 6, 2013

An Old Technique, but a FAVE! :D


Welcome to Wednesday! :) Are you having a good week? Have you stamped anything yet? :D

Well, for today's card, I went back to one of my favorite techniques - it's an old one, but such fun to see what you come up with! :)

This is one of the stamps from the BEST OF... release from January - the BEST OF BIRTHDAYS. :) It IS our 25th anniversary, after all! They're wonderful stamp sets, and I think they're at a great price, too! :) When I saw it, I decided I wanted to do something with a fun background for it. :D

I used Versamark and black embossing powder to stamp the stamp on Whisper White, then colored it in with Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Markers. Those are the same colors of reinkers and card stock I used - those links will take you directly to the categories, not the specific colors. :)

Marbling is easy. I have one of the larger stamp storage boxes with five marbles in it. I store it that way, so it's always together when I want to use it. :) I should have gone a LITTLE lighter with the Pumpkin Pie reinker, but I'm happy overall with the background.

This card was MEANT to be super easy and quick. Otherwise, I probably would have done some Dazzling Diamonds on the flames, maybe some Crystal Effects on the candles or plate, brads or eyelets or something in the corner of the card front. :D

OK, I'm outta here!!We leave in FOUR DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Have a wonderful day, and be SURE to MAKE the time to stamp something!!!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Love that sentiment! Such a fun card.