Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Happy Birthday, A!! :)


It's Wednesday again! :) I hope your week is going well. Wow, can you believe we're this close to the end of the month already?

I told you that February was a big birthday month in my sister's family; this is for my niece, A - her big passion lately has been sewing. I've seen her do needlework; for a while, cooking was her passion. She's definitely a homebody, and loves taking care of people. So, I made this sweet card for her.

I was inspired by another card I saw that used an embossing folder that kind of looked like Aida cloth. So, I HAND-SCORED this whole thing with my Simply Scored. How's that for love?! :D

Then, I took my paper piercer and mat ad made the holes for the "needle" in the corners; every single diagonal was done with a ruler and a Rose Red Stampin' Write Marker!

The flowers are from FABULOUS FLORETS; by this time, you probably know by heart the stamp set the "happy birthday" is from. :D Yup, TEENY TINY WISHES. :)

I stamped off with Rose Red for the flowers before I stamped them on Very Vanilla; after I assembled the whole card, I put Dazzling Details in the center of them for a little shimmer and shine. I mean, most girls love a little bling, right? :D That is matted on Rose Red card stock. :)

It's all on a Pretty in Pink card base.

PHEW. :D

OK, I'm outta here! Have a WONDERFUL day! Go stamp something, will ya?!? :D

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Oh my goodness! So much work went into this card! I've never stitched on a card, but after seeing you card, I know it would be much easier than what you did. Kudos to you for your attention to detail and making the card fit the recipient.