Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Blessing Others

Happy Wednesday! It's a short work week; are you happy about that? :D

I want to encourage you today to do acts of kindness for others. It doesn't take much, but it sure makes you feel GOOD. :D

I have a friend who's an author, mother, wife, reviewer, makeup artist, and just plain BUSY. She posted on Facebook that her September was jam-packed, and she needed chocolate to get through it.

So guess what I did? :D Yup. I took her chocolate. It was only three Turtles, but she knew I listened. And sometimes, isn't that all we really want??

I took a Top Note diecut (Crumb Cake) and ran it through the woodgrain embossing folder. (Yes, Becky, you DO need that folder!!!!) I layered an Early Espresso modern label punch onto the designer label punch in Cherry Cobbler, and then embossed the "God Bless You" from TRUST GOD with white embossing powder. It was fast and easy - that's a 5x7 cello bag from Stampin' Up!, too. It took very little time or money to bless my friend. I love doing little things like that - even if I'm having a rotten day, it changes my attitude to do something for someone else!

OK, I'm outta here. :) Have a WONDERFUL day, and be SURE to make the time to stamp SOMEthing - and give it away!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I'm not Becky, but I am beginning to think I need that embossing folder, too. You've shown a lot of different projects using it, uses I'd never ever think of!

P.S. Those paper samples are on my desk, waiting to be sent to you to see if you can match them. It seems like if something requires more than one step, it takes at least ten times longer to accomplish!