Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fall Card with Hostesses!

Good morning! How's the week going? Are you enjoying it? :)

Today's share is one we did at our Hostess Party on Friday night. It was our last night with our friend, Mary; I've mentioned that she's retired and moving to be near her son and his family. I'm thrilled for her, but I'm SO going to miss her!

Anyway. :) It's that lovely woodgrain embossing folder again, done on Soft Suede with Soft Suede ink "highlighting" the texture.

We stamped the leaf from LOVELY AS A TREE in Chocolate Chip craft ink, then embossed with clear powder. I like doing that, because it give me a little ridge when I'm using my Aqua Painters, so the color doesn't go all over the card stock. :)

We used a little bit of Smootch ink on the acorn after we colored it in with Soft Suede; I didn't like that SUPER dark look. The pearlized surface is really reflecting the light back, so you can't even tell it's been colored! :D

Add a little sponging around the outside of the focal piece of card stock, and there you have it! :) I really, really like the woodgrain!!!! (Not that you could tell or anything.... :D)

OK, I'm outta here! Have a WONDERFUL day, and be SURE to take the time to STAMP something!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Great card for fall!